Holy yum! This is delish! Hit up Trader Joes on your way home tonight and make this! It’s super easy and you’ll impress your girlfriend, boyfriend, lover, roommate, dog, cat, or just yourself. I impress myself all the time!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Trader Joes Genova Pesto (Why make it when it’s already made?)
- 4 slices (1/2 inch thick) mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bottle of red wine (Gothic Red from Trader Joes is bomb and inexpensive.)
- Retrieve wine opener from kitchen drawer. Proceed to open the bottle of red wine you purchased and pour into a glass. Sip casually.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- To butterfly each chicken breast, start at long side and cut in half horizontally, cutting almost but not completely through. Open chicken and flatten to resemble butterfly shape.
- Spread 1/4 cup Trader Joes, oh wait, excuse me, “homemade” pesto onto each chicken breast; top each with 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Wrap chicken around cheese; secure with toothpicks.
- In large bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with bread crumbs; place in baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Cut into slices to serve.
- Refill your wine glass.